1. Personal Information Collected
We collect, process and store various types of Personal Information. For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. It does not include de-identified or aggregate information, or public information lawfully available from governmental records.
Personal Information we collect may include: your name, email addresses, postal addresses, postal codes, user Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social security/insurance number, driver’s license number, prior addresses, monthly rent paid at prior residences, employers, job titles, income, telephone numbers, credit card information, bank account information and routing numbers, date of birth, gender, age, marital status, user name and password (if you choose to become a registered user of the Site or our products and services), emergency contact information, information about your pets, information about your vehicles including license plate numbers, and other information either desirable or necessary to provide quality services to our residents and visitors. We may also collect information about you such as your use of the Site and communication preferences.
Note that before you disclose to Miles the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Statement.
Miles may, from time to time, appoint third parties to collect the information referenced above so that the information may be used for one or more of the purposes described below. For example, Miles may appoint Google Analytics to collect data regarding your use of the Site. In such cases, it is third party partners sole responsibility to comply with applicable laws.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Miles (and/or Miles’ third party partners) may use your Personal Information to perform the following activities:
- To operate the Site and to personalize the Site to you (see Section 3 for more information);
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of informing you of rental availabilities and/or products or services available from Miles or any of its affiliates;
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of conducting market research, such as by requesting your opinion about current services or potential new services that may be offered;
- To provide you with customer support;
- To provide or deliver services to you;
- To perform statistical analysis, such as by analyzing the types of services users are interested in and websites and pages users visit;
- To comply with legal obligations when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it;
- To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; and
- To protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our business, third parties, visitors to our websites and mobile apps, or the public;
- In connection with a sale, merger, or consolidation of Miles or other transfer of our assets, whether voluntarily or by operation of law; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We do not rent, sell, or share with third parties the Personal Information we collect from you on this Site except (i) to provide information or services that you have requested, (ii) with your permission, or (iii) under the following circumstances:
(a) Third party vendors we engage to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting, web-site development, and support, have access to Personal Information, but they have agreed not to disclose the Personal Information or to use it for any purpose other than providing the requested services.
4. Third Party Advertising and Remarketing
5. California Resident's Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may apply to California residents whose Personal Information is collected by parties that meet other criteria. If the CCPA applies to us, California residents may request to know about Personal Information collected about them and request deletion of that Personal Information. These rights are subject to certain exceptions, including without limitation, for Personal Information subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. If we are subject to the CCPA, you can learn more about these rights and our processes for consumer requests by contacting us using one of the methods listed below. If you exercise any of the rights afforded to you by the CCPA, we will continue to treat you fairly.
If the CCPA applies to us and to your information, you can submit a request to us for the following personal information we have collected:
- The categories of personal information we've collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with which we shared the personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of personal information (if any) that we have sold about you, the categories of third parties to which we sold that information, and the category or categories of personal information sold to each third party.
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Our responses to any of these requests will cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the request. Upon request, we will delete the personal information we have collected about you that is covered by the CCPA, unless a relevant exception to the right to deletion applies.
6. Data Retention Policy
Personal information that Miles processes or enlists others to process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, and in no event shall such information be kept for more than a reasonable period of time. However, Miles will retain personal information beyond this time period to the extent it is required to do so by law or to the extent reasonably necessary to defend its rights or property.
7. Security of Personal Information
Miles takes reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and Miles cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Miles takes special precautions to protect any information you provide pursuant to a rental application by encrypting the application before storing it in a database. In addition, your rental application information is stored in a database that is access controlled. See Section 2 for more information on who Miles may grant access to your personal information.
8. Personal Information of Minors
Our Sites are not directed to minors under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. We may collect Personal Information of minors, provided by parents or guardians, in connection with the application and rental of a unit, or the provision of property management services. We do not sell the Personal Information of minors.
9. Right to Request Deletion
Upon request, we will delete the personal information we have collected about you that is covered by the CCPA, unless a relevant exception to the right to deletion applies.
We are committed to ensuring that our communications are accessible to people with disabilities. To make accessibility-related requests or report barriers, please contact us using one of the methods below.
11. Contact Information.
Please direct all privacy-related questions and concerns to the following address:
MILES PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, LLC 3415 S SEPULVEDA BLVD, STE 1100 LOS ANGELES, CA 90034